YouthCARE's mission to promote respect for self and others, develop future leaders and provide youth with positive multicultural activities and realationships with caring adults.
Review Completed: 6/17/2013
2701 University Ave. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Fax: (612) 338-6904
|Other Names Used
||Craig Luedemann, Executive Director
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
||Minnesota Council of Nonprofits, Member
Quality Mentoring Assessment Path (QMAP), Partner
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
During the period of June 1, 2011 - May 31, 2012, YouthCARE provided 7,793 units of service to urban youth, 7-18 years old.
YouthCARE employed 102 youth and young adutls, 14-21 years old in 2012. 85% of youth employed reported they felt more engaged with their community because of their involvement with YouthLEAD. “After CS Stars I will continue to help my community by inspiring my friends and family to join me in helping out.” Li, 17 year old participant.
83% of the urban youth, 13-18 years old, who participated in the 2012 Camp Sunrise Summer Program, reported they developed a greater respect and appreciation for the environment after one week at Camp Sunrise.
90% of girls and young women, 7-18 years old, involved in the Young Women's Mentoring Program, reported being more excited about science, technology, engineering and math because of their participation in the program's Styling Science program.
YouthCARE’s primary goals for 2013-14 are:
- Young people gain respect, understanding and appreciation for themselves and others.
- Young people develop leadership skills and have the opportunity to use them within YouthCARE and the broader community.
- Young people develop cultural competency skills needed to thrive in a multicultural community.
- Young people develop self-sufficiency, educational and employment readiness skills needed for successful transition from adolescence to adulthood.
- Young people are connected to caring adults, peers and the broader community.
Community or Constituency Served
Youth, 6-18 years old.
Geographic Area Served
Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2010 to 2012