Youth Service Bureau, Inc.
The mission of Youth Service Bureau, Inc. is to help youth and families learn the skills they need to be more successful at home, in school and throughout the community.
Review Completed: 5/8/2013
101 West Pine Street
Stillwater, MN 55082
Phone: 651 439-8800
Fax: 651 439-1040
|Other Names Used
Youth Service Bureau
||Mary Planten-Krell, Executive Director
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
Tags / Keywords
Treatment & Prevention, Children & Families
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
Youth Service Bureau met its 2012 goals. We expanded our counseling program and increased accessibility by offering additional evening hours and Saturday appointments. We also engaged several new municipalities, which resulted in a $20,000 increase in municipality funding, and completed a new three-year strategic plan for 2013-2015.
In 2012, YSB saw a 12% increase in the number of youth and families served. We supported 1,542 youth and families and provided 2,625 services.
YSB makes a difference!
- 80% of youth referred to YSB for diversion services did not have a new offense during the subsequent 12-24 months.
- 72% of counseling clients report success in resolving their issue or making it more manageable.
- 55% of youth who used counseling services showed statistically significant improvement in behavioral and/or adaptive skills.
- 61% of students using YSB's chemical health program increased their resilience to drug use after seven or more sessions.
1. Broadening accessibility of mental health services by offering additional evening and weekend hours.
2. Launching a comprehensive parent education program.
3. Engaging appropriate community partners to assist in the search of a permanent location in Wisconsin.
Community or Constituency Served
Youth ages 5-18 and their families
Geographic Area Served
Washington County, Minnesota and St. Croix, Pierce and Polk counties in Wisconsin
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2009 to 2011
|From the Charity
||YSB is proud to demonstrate its accountability to our donors and the youth, families and communities we support. Using proven best practices, YSB remains committed to helping youth and families achieve success through a variety of services including youth focused family counseling, diversion, early intervention, chemical health prevention services and selected youth development initiatives.