Volunteers of America of Minnesota
•Help people gain self-reliance, dignity, and hope.
•Uplift All Lives
Review Completed: 9/28/2012
7625 Metro Boulevard
Minneapolis, MN 55439
|Other Names Used
||Volunteers of America-Minnesota, VOA, VOA-MN, VOAMN
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
• We helped 1, 821 children, youth and families facing
abuse, neglect, emotional, behavioral and mental health
concerns through our residential treatment programs,
foster care and community-based mental health services.
• We served 3, 204 youth, teens and adults dealing with
challenges to academic success through our charter
schools and adult diploma program.
• We helped 218 individuals living with intellectual, mental
and physical challenges to live independently in their
communities through our residential housing programs.
• We helped 18, 063 older adults remain active, healthy
and independent lives through our community-based day
treatment, senior centers, congregate dining and
specialized support services.
• We helped 483 adults re-shape their lives through our
comprehensive reentry services thus facilitating re-joining
their families and communities.
• Maintain or exceed our current level of aggregate service
of meeting the needs of 23,789 people throughout the
• Develop quality control measures across all service lines.
• Develop and complete a new strategic plan.
• Continue to engage all stakeholder groups in helping
people gain self-reliance, dignity and hope.
Community or Constituency Served
Volunteers of America-Minnesota is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit health and human services organization.Our commitment to serve here in Minnesota is broad and always evolving to meet changing needs. Our three primary service areas include: Children, Youth & Families, Seniors and People with Special Needs, and Adult Re-Entry.
Geographic Area Served
We serve 60% of the state of Minnesota. Many of our sites are in the Metro area, but we serve sedvral counties and communities in greater Minnesota.
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2009 to 2011