*44 Programs received United Way funding that meet goals set.
*19 Day cares received Early Education through UWWCM Growmobile program reaching 123+ preschoolers.
*Growmobile summer programing reached average 187+ children each week.
*900 Preschoolers received back packs with information and resources to prepare them for school
*Over 2,100 Preschoolers received Imagination Library books
*$12,000 of school supplies were collected and distributed to area schools
*Gift N Kind program served over 180 households with emergency basic household needs
*125 summer food backpacks were distributed on Fridays during the summer with food for a family of 4 for the weekend.
*United Way staff participated in numerous community discussions regarding community needs.
United Way is currently undergoing strategic planning process with outside facilitator. Current goals are as follows:
3. Prepare children of West Central Minnesota for kindergarten-support learning opportunities 0-6
4. To increase the number of youth from low-income families who participate in quality out-of school time programs that offer safe places to develop skills and competencies.
2. To ensure there are resources to meet the basic needs of food, clothing and shelter for West Central Minnesota residents and those in crisis.
2. To increase financial stability of individuals and families in West Central Minnesota
3. To ensure vulnerable individuals get the support they need to remain independent as long as they are able.
4. To increase awareness and support good nutrition, exercise and the prevention of chronic disease in West Central Minnesota.
Community or Constituency Served
We serve a wide range of community members from the very young (Birth to Age 6) to the elderly (Age 65 and older). UWWCM supports agencies and programs that cover all ages and stages of life.
Geographic Area Served
Our Geographic Area is West Central MN. It includes the towns of: Clara City, Maynard, Willmar, Atwater, Blomkest, Svea, Hawick, Kandiyohi, Lake Lillian, New London, Pennock, Prinsburg, Raymond, Spicer, Sunburg, Litchfield, Grove City, Cosmos, Bird Island, Danube, Olivia, Renville, Sacred Heart, Clontarf, Benson, Danvers, Kerkhoven, DeGraff & Murdock
Impact and Programs