United Way of Douglas & Pope Counties
We are changing the game by connecting people, resources & ideas to promote individual self-sufficiency by investing in education, income & health.
Review Completed: 11/23/2011
2504 Aga Dr
Alexandria, MN 56308
|Other Names Used
||Heart of Lakes United Way, United Way of Douglas and Pope Counties
||Jessica Boyer, Executive Director
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
½ PINT FOR EVERYONE: ENSURED 139 KINDERGARTENERS RECEIVED A MILK BREAK.
BACKPACK ATTACK: PROVIDED 125 CHILDREN WITH FOOD FOR OVER THE WEEKENDS.
COAT DRIVE: DONATED 1,343 JACKETS SO INDIVIDUALS STAY WARM DURING THE WINTER.
EITC TAX CLINIC: ASSISTED 644 HOUSEHOLDS WITH $1,158,233 IN TAX RETURNS.
FAMILYWIZE: 3,071 CUSTOMERS WITH LIMITED INSURANCE SAVED OVER $62,070 IN PRESCRIPTIONS.
HEAT A HOME: 35 CORDS OF WOOD WERE DISTRIBUTED TO HOUSEHOLDS TO HEAT THEIR HOMES.
IMAGINATION LIBRARY: 1,789 CHILDREN RECEIVED A BOOK EACH MONTH.
MOBILE FOOD DROP: 2,757 HOUSEHOLDS RECEIVED 148,107 POUNDS OF FOOD THROUGH MONTHLY FOOD DROPS.
PLANT AN EXTRA ROW: 14,162 POUNDS OF FRUITS AND VEGETABLES, WERE DONATED AND DISTRIBUTED.
PCC EVENT: CONNECTED 342 HOUSEHOLDS WITH 48 SERVICES.
STUFF THE BUS: 589 CHILDREN RECEIVED BACKPACKS WITH SUPPLIES.
1) Identify community needs in the areas of Education, Income and Health by partnering with the Community Impact Coalition
2) Review how dollars are currently being allocated to Education, Income and Health- Does this make sense based on needs?
3) Create outcome measurements we want to see as an organization
4) Review Allocations Application to streamline the process and clearly address the outcome measurements
5) Audit current donor relations activities and identify gaps
6) Create a nominating committee of past campaign chairs that will assist with the campaign chair selection process
7) Marketing, social media
8) Create a timeline and checklist for committee responsibilities
9) Conduct a Human Resources review of employee handbook, compensation structure, benefits, and personnel files
10) Review Organizational Policies and Procedures- audit Exec Director Review process
11) Implement quarterly meetings to review, discuss and vote on policy changes needed as recommended by the strategic committees
12) Review Bi-Laws
13) Formulate and implement board requirements
14) Review terms and timing of board rotation
15) Review board orientation process and implement new member/mentor program
Community or Constituency Served
Low-income individuals and families
Geographic Area Served
Douglas & Pope Counties
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2008 to 2010