Twin Cities RISE!
The mission of Twin Cities RISE! is to provide employers with skilled workers – primarily men from communities of color in the Twin Cities area – by training under- and unemployed adults for skilled jobs that pay a living wage of at least $20,000 annually.
Review Completed: 3/5/2012
800 Washington Avenue North, Ste. 203
Minneapolis, MN 55401
||Arthur Berman, President & CEO
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
Tags / Keywords
Crime & Justice
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
- Completed 56 placements by December 31, 2011.
- Recruited cohorts and served 647 new participants in core program.
- Active participant success rate of 74%.
- 111 participants held internships in 2011, and 9 final placements hired at their internship site.
- 1-year final placement retention = 75%; 2-year final placement retention = 65%
- Final placement income pre-program = $5,889. Final placement income post-program = $26,788. This is a change of $20,899 or 355%.
- More visibility in our community – increased TCR’s! visibility in North Minneapolis by sponsoring the 2nd Annual SVBU Community Resource Fair. 54 agencies in the Twin Cities participated. TCR! sponsored an event in the St. Paul Rondo/Selby, Frogtown area known as Selby Jazz Festival. TCR! also participated in Sabathani Community Center 1st annual Hue-Man event as well as countless other events to include Festival of Fathers, DOC transition fairs, Hennepin job fairs and other community events in the Metro area.
- An external consultant completed a Program assessment and shared recommendations in terms of strategic opportunities and process changes. Staff began the process of implementing several of the recommendations.
- Completion of a pro-bono assessment by Success Computers of TCR!’s IT network design, security, and policies/procedures. A plan to address vulnerabilities and gaps was created, and is in the process of implementation.
- Volunteers gave in-kind services valued over $54,788 according to the value of 1 hour of volunteer work, which is valued at $21.36. Our volunteers collectively gave 2,565 hours to TCR!.
2012 Expected Program Outcomes:
- Enroll 480 new participants in the Core Program, for a total of 680 served. St. Paul/East Metro participants are expected to make up 55% of new enrollees.
- Engage approximately 313 active participants (46% of total served) in intermediate/advanced training in 2012 after completing the 10-week provisional period in 2012 or a previous year.
- Achieve measurable, positive outcomes for 72% of participants in intermediate/advanced training. This includes final placement, internships, and other interim training outcomes.
- Place 65 participants into fulltime employment paying $20,000 a year or more plus benefits.
- Place 130 participants into internship opportunities that build skills, confidence, and longer-term opportunities.
- Maintain and improve retention rates targeted at 84% one-year retention for 2011 placements, and 72% two-year retention for 2010 placements.
Community or Constituency Served
Under- and unemployed adults seeking employment in the Twin Cities
Geographic Area Served
Twin Cities metro area
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2009 to 2011
|From the Charity
||We are pleased to meet the rigorous standards of the Charities Review Council, and are committed to accountability and transparency in our work. We know that, as donors, you want your investment to go far. At Twin Cities RISE!, you can be sure we are working to end generational poverty in our community and create quality outcomes with every dollar we receive.