The mission of Solid Ground is to prevent and end homelessness for families with children through housing, resources and opportunity.
Review Completed: 7/22/2013
East Metro Place
3521 Century Avenue North
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
|Other Names Used
||formerly East Metro Women's Council
||Trisha Cummins Kauffman, Executive Director
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
||Accepts donated goods
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
Solid Ground is an award-winning organization that measures its impact in six key areas: Housing Stability; Economic Stability; Educational Advancement; Improved Health; Strengthened Families; and Community Connections. Each impact area has related performance standards that help measure the impact on participants. Some of the outcomes achieved in 2012 include:
• 87% of families achieved housing stability at Solid Ground.
• 89% of school age children regularly attended school.
• 94% of adults completed tenant training.
• 98% of residents accessed resources and were involved in their community.
Solid Ground’s goals for 2013 include:
• Increase the number of people served in the community by 18% through the new HomeSafe program.
• Actively engage in Coordinated Assessment and redirect staff time from “front end” (intake/entry) to “back end” services (housing search, aftercare), to help clients transition successfully from Solid Ground to permanent housing.
• Provide Empowerment Classes at East Metro Place as a next step following DBT graduation.
• Build up Mentoring program in-house for children and adults.
• Implement new communications plan that will include a new website, regular e-correspondence, increased social media usage and outreach for speaking engagements.
Community or Constituency Served
Solid Ground serves families with children who are experiencing or at imminent risk of homelessness. Many of the families we serve face barriers such as mental illness, chemical dependency and other disabilities, and have experienced domestic violence, sexual assault and other trauma.
Geographic Area Served
Ramsey and Washington Counties
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2010 to 2012
|From the Charity
||Solid Ground (formerly East Metro Women's Council) is proud to be recognized as meeting the Charities Review Council Accountability Standards.