Sing Out Loud / Bella Voce Young Women's Choir
The mission of Sing Out Loud is to create an inviting and safe community in which young women can share musical excellence, build confidence, and gain perspective about the world through the gift of music. The purpose of Bella Voce is to inspire young women, through singing, to realize their highest potential in order to more broadly impact the world.
Review Completed: 10/24/2011
P.O. Box 6205
Rochester, MN 55903
|Other Names Used
||Bella Voce Young Women's Choir, Bella Voce
||Michelle (Shelly) Winemiller, Music Director
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
1. 66 young women in grades 8-12 drawn from 10 cities and 17 different schools participated in Bella Voce Young Women's Choir, along with 16 other instrumentalist musicians. 28 weekly rehearsals and a two-day intensive rehearsal retreat were conducted during the year.
2. Six public performances were held (Dec 17-19, 2010; Feb 11, 2011; May 2, 2011), with approximately 3,440 people attending these events. Verbal and written concert feedback was collected and reflected a favorable and emotionally meaningful impact of these performances on audience members.
3. Seasons Hospice and Mayo Hospice programs were featured at our May concert series. A Hospice-led focus session with the choir was held during a rehearsal, and $2,046 was raised and divided equally between the two Hospice organizations.
4. In addition to the Hospice outreach activities, the choir also performed at an area nursing home.
5. Additionally, Bella Voce was honored to be accepted and perform at the American Choral Directors Association's National Convention in Chicago on March 17, 2011. As part of that tour, the choir also met with and performed for girls at Mercy Home, a non-profit residential facility for socially struggling youth in Chicago.
1. Enroll singers and conduct weekly rehearsals from September to May
2. Present two main concert series (December, May) held at accessible venues and offered without charge to the community at large
3. Present a concert featuring a world-acclaimed opera singer along with Bella Voce. This will be done as a fundraiser for Sing Out Loud, in celebration of our fifth anniversary.
4. Provide social and community outreach in the southeastern Minnesota region.
5. Prepare for a musical tour of Italy in June, 2012.
Community or Constituency Served
Performing artists are young women in grades 8-12 and adult musicians from southeastern Minnesota. The wider community at large is served via our no-charge performances.
Geographic Area Served
Primarily Southeastern Minnesota, with audience members and donors drawn from around the United States
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2009 to 2011