In the last year.
• Have served an estimated over 10,000 people.
• Gave close to $150,000 in membership and programmatic scholarships, an increase of 44% over the last two years.
• We served nearly 200 meals a month to seniors through our congregant dining program.
• We had an average attendance of 140 seniors per month at our social/recreational programming. The seniors who attend this programming tend to be more frail and older than our general senior adult population.
• We offered 21 fitness classes each week for our senior population creating a healthier, more independent group of seniors.
• Provided modifications, supports, and advocacy for 33 children to participating in Camp at the Sabes JCC.
• Brought in Resources for Childcare, an organization which provides curriculum and professionals to assist with challenging behavior issues in our Early Childhood Center classrooms.
• Connected the JCC Health & Wellness program with E-Quality which has resulted in meaningful employment for a team of adults with disabilities.
• Provided nearly 20 adults with disabilities with access to personal training at a reduced rate. Provided meaningful, ongoing, volunteer experiences for 15 adults with disabilities. Last year, this program started with 4 participants.
•The first Minneapolis Jewish Humor Festival had over 1,400 tickets sold.
• The first two nights of the Sabes Foundation Minneapolis Jewish Film Festival sold out attracting nearly 660 people. We expect this ten day festival to have an attendance of over 3,200.
Increase the impact the Center has on issues of wellness in the community and evaluate and improve the ways in which the Center benefits members of the Jewish community through increased participation in Jewish life, customs and traditions as well as increase the understanding of the general community about Jewish life.
Community or Constituency Served
The Jewish and general community. Including outreach to seniors, Former Soviet Union immigrants, persons with disabilities.
Geographic Area Served
Primarily Twin Cities area.
Impact and Programs