Plymouth Christian Youth Center
The mission of Plymouth Christian Youth Center is to enrich the skills,prospects and spirit of North Minneapolis youth and adults, in partnership with families and communities.
Review Completed: 12/28/2010
2210 Oliver Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55411
|Other Names Used
||PCYC, Plymouth Youth Center, PYC
||Anne Long, Executive Director
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
Program Outcomes Summer 2009 through Summer 2010:
1) 256 high school students enrolled in the PYC Arts and Tech High School 09-10, with 84% achieving successful outcomes and 82% of seniors graduating.
2) The school Health and Wellness Program's health education and prevention activities resulted in 86% of students who tested highly at risk for poor health outcomes showing health improvements.
3) 65 elementary children were enrolled in the after school program, with 100% making academic progress: 94% of children made at least one year's growth in reading and 78% made more than one year's growth.
4) 55 children participated in Summer Friends program, with 100% maintaining or makiing academic progress in reading - no summer slide! 40% made half a year's growth in reading in 10 weeks; 20% made a full year's growth.
5) Capri Theater - Successfully completed 1.6 million capital campaign for Phase I renovation of the theater, and finished Phase I renovations with state-of-the-art sound and lighting systems, retrofitted exterior marquee, redecorated lobby andmore.
6) 4000 + people used PCYC facilities as community center for wide variety of events; Capri Theater Legends Series audience averaged 88% of capacity and 3 of 8 concerts were sold out.
Strategic Goals for 2007 - 2012
1) Increase opportunities for school and life success: PCYC will promote positive development and academic achievement with nearly 3,000 children and youth each year by sustaining programs that are safe, structured and enriching.
Specific Objective: Realize growth in math proficiency levels of elementary children.
2) Tackle the achievement gap head-on: PCYC will prepare youth for real-world success by providing alternative education as an Arts & Technology High School for 150-200 students annually.
Specific Objective: Realize growth in reading levels of high school students.
3) Lead the Capri Theater Renaissance: PCYC will "bring up the lights" on year-round arts programming that inspires young people, develops their skills, builds community and draws thousands of youth and adults to a top-notch North Minneapolis performance venue on West Broadway.
Specific Ojective: Develop comprehensive plans and drawings for Phase II of Capri Theater project, and launch Phase II campaign for purchase and renovation of building adjacent to Capri.
4) Sustain the Mission: PCYC will be widely recognized as a vibrant effective organization, consduct a major capital and sustaining campaign, and prepare for leadership transition.
Specific Objective: Board will continue developing long-terms plans for leadership development and executive director transition.
Community or Constituency Served
Youth, families and adults of North MInneapolis, plus patrons of the Capri Theater and volunteers and donors from across the Twin cities Metro area.
Geographic Area Served
North Minneapolis, Minneapolis, and greater Twin Cities metro area
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2007 to 2009