People Incorporated promotes and secures independence for people with mental illness.
Review Completed: 7/7/2010
317 York Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55130
||M. Tim Burkett, Ph.D.,L.P., CEO
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
As the demand for more and better services for those with serious mental illness has continued to increase, People Incorporated has expanded its programs and started new, innovative projects to fill the gaps. 2009 was no exception. During the past year we opened two new adult foster care programs and a new Service Coordination Case Management Service in Ramsey County. For our Homeless Services program, we collaborated with a local corporation to develop additional apartments for homeless adults; obtained continuation funding for Ramsey County homeless outreach services; and were successful in our work with the state to maintain funding for our Homeless Services transitional Safe Haven housing, located in Ramsey and Hennepin Counties.
We hired a psychiatrist to provide psychiatric services to clients in multiple programs within the agency and provide TeleVideo services to clients living in rural areas of the state. Our training program continues to provide best practices training for our employees and has expanded to include external trainings and consultation to local and statewide provider agencies.
Our strategic areas of focus through 2011 include:
1) Sustain and enhance collaborative relationships and partnerships with community partners, families and people served—to plan, provide and support a continuum of evidence-based services and programs.
2) Expand and improve programs and services to meet the emerging and changing mental health needs of people of all ages and cultures and their families.
3) Attract, develop and retain quality staff through corporate recruiting, competitive salary and benefit packages, quality training, and promotion of the organizational vision and programs.
4) Utilize advanced technology to increase productivity and efficiency, enhance internal and external communications, expand delivery of training, and effectively plan and measure outcome-based programs.
5) Utilize a multi-level financing strategy that includes a capital campaign, ongoing fundraising activities and linkage with key funders and policy makers to sustain client-centered programming.
Community or Constituency Served
Its programs are highly individualized and serve a wide spectrum of needs—everything from community support services to intensive residential treatment and homeless outreach—all designed to help clients attain and maintain their highest level of functioning and realize a better quality of life.
Geographic Area Served
People Incorporated achieves its mission through 41 programs located throughout the Twin Cities metro area.
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2007 to 2009