Nawayee Center School
Providing transformative education, grounded in indigenous life-ways and love of learning
Nawayee: Learning from the Center. Inspiring a sense of place and direction, within the Circle of Life, from which students discover strength, purpose and vision.
Long Term Vision:
Center School will exemplify excellence in indigenous education.
Review Completed: 1/6/2012
2421 Bloomington Ave. S.
Minneapolis, Mn 55404
Phone: 612 721 1655
Fax: 612 721 5346
|Other Names Used
||Center School, Inc
||Joseph Rice, Executive Director
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
1. The number of pregnancies among Center School students continued to decrease; only one continuously enrolled girl has gotten pregnant in the last three years.
2. Attendance improved by 1% over the previous year with an ADM (average daily membership or enrollment) of 52. This is the third year in a row that attendance has improved.
3. Center School sent four students to the 2010 Twin Cities Regional Science Fair. Another Center also won an award in environmental sciences.
4. Seven students graduated in 2013, the second largest group of graduates in ten years.
5. While 35% of incoming students were overweight or obese, 90% of regularly enrolled students were able to achieve a healthy body mass index (BMI) by the end of the school year.
6. The school engaged 16 community partners in delivering services and support for Center School students.
Improve student attendance by 5%
Maintain or improve current graduation rate
Engage partners who can further the goals and mission of the school
Mobilize and facilitate creative conversations around indigenous learning
Develop the school into an experiential learning center
Invest in staff and board development
Community or Constituency Served
We serve students and families of the Native American community of Minneapolis and St.Paul
Geographic Area Served
Hennipen, Ramsey and Dakota counties.
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2011 to 20009