Mixed Blood Theatre
Mixed Blood Theatre, a professional, multi-racial company, promotes cultural pluralism and individual equality through artistic excellence, using theater to address artificial barriers that keep people from succeeding in American society.
To be the definitive destination where theater artists and audiences representing the global village can create and share work that spawns a ripple effect of social change and revolutionizes access to theater.
Review Completed: 5/26/2010
1501 S 4 St
Minneapolis, MN 55454
||Amanda White Thietje, Managing Director
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
||Theatre Communications Group
National New Play Network
Minnesota Theatre Alliance
Actors' Equity Association
Minnesota Council on NonProfits
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
During the 2011-12 season, 24,961 audience members saw four mainstage productions. During the 2011-12 season, 54,061 people representing 132 communities in 6 states were reached through 206 touring performances. In 2011-12, Mixed Blood On-the-Job served 431 people.
1. Advance artistic quality through implementation of a viable business model for MBT’s 3-part programming.
2. Integrate the work of board, administration and programming staff to maximize opportunities that deepen relationships with audiences and donors.
3. Build mainstage, touring and On the Job audiences through new initiatives, opportunities and brand integration.
4. Develop an organizational culture that is transparent and considerate, resulting in a stable staff able to reach its full potential.
5. Lay the foundation for a major gifts campaign that will ensure long-term financial stability, revolutionize access through a renovated facility, enhance the artistic product, and allow for succession.
Community or Constituency Served
Mixed Blood’s programming, audience, artists, board and staff model a plurality of coexisting peoples that makes the broadest range of human differences acceptable to the largest number of people.
Geographic Area Served
Mixed Blood Theatre's mainstage is located in Minneapolis; On-the-Job and Touring productions provide services throughout the upper midwest.
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2008 to 2011