Minnesota Network of Hospice & Palliative Care
Minnesota Network of Hospice & Palliative Care promotes quality of life in our communities through advance care planning, palliative care and hospice.
Review Completed: 7/26/2011
2365 McKnight Road No. Ste 2
North St. Paul, MN 55109
|Other Names Used
||Susan Marschalk, Executive Director
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
In this past year MNHPC was able to reach the public, patients and their families with information at a time when it is most needed. MNHPC has continued to reach more health care professionals with education to strengthen the quality of care provided to patients and their families.
MNHPC provided the following services:
• More than 200 people were served by our toll-free Helpline
• Over 24,000 people accessed information on our website www.mnhpc.org
• Over 1,000 people attended educational sessions for the public and professionals. We increased the number of attendees at the MNHPC annual conference by 22%.
• Over 10,000 Choosing Hospice brochures were distributed to families throughout Minnesota
• A first ever curriculum was developed to educate Community Health Workers about End-of-Life Services in the Somali, Latino and Hmong communities.
• MNHPC was awarded funding to launch a Palliative Care Initiative based on work done in 2011.
The current goals for the Minnesota Network of Hospice & Palliative Care (MNHPC) include<p>
• To create communication vehicles that will increase knowledge of palliative care services in Minnesota.
• Complete the redesign of the MNHPC website, create a palliative care statewide directory that will inform the general public of palliative care programs located in their geographic area.
• Increase the educational offerings for the public, hospice and palliative care providers, and other health care professionals about advance care planning, palliative care and hospice. Seek opportunities to partner with other organizations in order to increase our offerings.
• Build organizational financial and resource sustainability. This is a key goal for this year - to create a sustainability plan for Minnesota Network of Hospice & Palliative Care.
• Advocate for greater access to hospice and palliative care services for Minnesotans.
• Increase the visibility of hospice care and end-of-life services for Minnesotans.
Community or Constituency Served
All people in Minnesota
Geographic Area Served
MNHPC serves Minnesota
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2010 to 2012
|From the Charity
||Minnesota Network of Hospice & Palliative Care is honored to have met all the Accountability Standards during the review by the Charities Review Council. We appreciate the support of our supporters and are committed to maintaining the highest standards as a nonprofit organization. This is an valuable process and we are grateful for the opportunity to participate.