Minnesota Life College
The mission of MLC is to transform the lives of young adults with learning differences and autism spectrum disorders by teaching them the skills necessary for independent living as they pursue personal and financial self-sufficiency.
Review Completed: 6/9/2010
7501 Logan Avenue South
Richfield, MN 55423
||Amy Gudmestad, Executive Director
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
Short-term We were able to give 11 students partial scholarships because of donations raised at our Gala.
Immediate We now are able to offer admission to international students who qualify.
Long-term We had 9 young adults graduate from our program and be able to live independently in the community.
The goal of MLC is to continue growing and increase our student population in order to continue providing services to young adults with mild-to-moderate learning disabilities.
Our goal during the 2010-2011 year is to grow by 15%. We plan to achieve this goal by working toward the following:
1. Secure a location for a move to a new facility in the Richfield area, or surrounding suburbs, in which we can house our expanding program
2. Include general membership option in GLC program to bring students who may have left the MLC community back into the program
3. Implement the “College Experience Track” for students wishing to attend college classes while enrolled in MLC
4. Increase name recognition using online marketing
5. Expand on our ability to recruit students internationally using our recent SEVIS approval, and with geographic recruiters in the Midwest
6. Continue to develop avenues for fund raising and contributed revenues
7. Continue to develop partnerships within other organizations in the community.
Community or Constituency Served
Young adults ages 18-26 with mild-to-moderate learning differences.
Geographic Area Served
MLC is located in Richfield, MN but serves youth from across the nation. MLC is also SEVIS approved and has begun reviewing applications from international students.
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2007 to 2009