Minnesota Adult & Teen Challenge
The mission of Minnesota Adult & Teen Challenge is to assist teens and adults in gaining freedom from chemical addictions and other life controlling problems by addressing their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
Review Completed: 10/23/2012
1619 Portland Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404
||Mary Kay Bensen, Foundation and Grant Manager
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
||Minnesota Adult and Teen Challenge is accredited by the ECFA (Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability).
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
Minnesota Adult & Teen Challenge implemented two Outcome Studies with the Wilder Research Center. Our desire in developing these outcome studies was to evaluate the long-term challenges our graduates face, and with this knowledge, improve the over-all quality of care we provide. Key findings:
• 6-month sobriety rates have remained constant: In both studies, 74% of graduates reported no use of alcohol or drugs during the six months prior to follow-up interviews.
• At one year follow-up, the percentage of Teen Challenge graduates who consistently reported sobriety had improved: 62% of graduates from the 2010 study reported no relapses since graduation nor use in the past 6 months compared to 57% of 2005 graduates.
• In both studies, 94% said their faith commitment helped their sobriety; 90% said that they made a connection to a church or ministry within six months after graduation.
1. Restore hope to lost and desperate people, stuck in the grips of addiction.
2. Transform teens and adults by addressing the root issues that compelled the addictive lifestyle.
3. Send out graduates that are gainful, contributing members of their community.
Community or Constituency Served
We serve both teens and adults with drug and alcohol addictions.
Geographic Area Served
Our addiction treatment centers, located in the Twin Cities, Brainerd, Duluth and Rochester are able to serve people struggling with addictions and alcoholism all across Minnesota and beyond.
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2010 to 2011
|From the Charity
||Minnesota Adult and Teen Challenge is committed to the Accountability Standards set by the Charities Review Council.