Midwest Special Services, Inc.
The mission of Midwest Special Services, Inc. is to assist adults with disabilities to achieve their personal goals and potential through individualized services and supports.
Review Completed: 11/2/2012
900 Ocean Street
Saint Paul, MN 55106
|Other Names Used
||Lyth J. Hartz,
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
||MSS has a 3-year CARF Accreditation with two Commendations
We are members of the Social Entrepreneurs Alliance; MN Council of Non-Profits; Trusight;and ARC Greater Twin Cities
||Accepts donated goods
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
In 2011 MSS served 613 people in our DT&H and Vocational Services programs. Our program evaluation and outcomes reported:
1. Total number of competitive job placements increase 14% over 2010
2. The percentage of clients who maintained competitive employment for more than 90 day increased by 25% over 2010
3. The average hourly wage for all workers increased by an average of 13% in 2011
4. Clients logged over 15,000 community integration hours in 2011
5. 100% of clients receiving Autism Spectrum Disorder services show improvement in basic language and learning skills using the ABBLS (Asessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills) assessment tool
Organizational Goals for 2012 include:
1. 80% of clients placed in competitive employement will maintain for 90 days.
2. 95% of clients and their support teams reporting progress toward individual goals identified in IPP.
3. Increasing community participation for persons served through volunteer opportunities, unique sites, social, vocational and recreational activities, measured by particiapant hours and satisfaction.
Community or Constituency Served
Adults age 18 and over with developmental or acquired disabilities.
Geographic Area Served
The Twin Cities seven county metro area.
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2009 to 2011
|From the Charity
||Midwest Special Services' adherence to the Accountability Standards is a reflection of our commitment to our donors and the community we serve. We hope that as you way your options for charitable giving, you will consider Midwest favorably in your decision. We will honor you gift with our continued commitment to supporting the achievement and independence of adults with disabilities.