Our mission is to empower adults with disabilities through vocational and social opportunities, and to guide them toward realizing their goals and dreams.
Review Completed: 2/16/2011
3210 Labore Road
St. Paul, MN 55110
||John Wayne Barker, Executive Director
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
Impact our organization made in the previous year includes:
1. YTD we are meeting excess revenue projections and have implemented one (1) new social enterprise contract.
2. In CY '10, 99.57% of the 235 client respondents answered "Yes" to the question - "I receive the services Merrick agrees to give me?"
3. As an example, in 2010, 96 self-advocates voted with 10 voting for the first time.
The Board of Trustees has approved the following strategic company goals:
1. Ensure financial strength and diversify revenue sources.
2. Achieve client choices through service options.
3. Maximize the visibility, outreach, and contributions of Merrick, Inc., in the community.
Community or Constituency Served
Adults with developmental disabilities.
Geographic Area Served
Twin Cities metropolitan area with a focus on Ramsey and Washington Counties.
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2007 to 2009
|From the Charity
||The Accountability Standards are a complete and rigorous set of critical elements that, having been met, better ensure that donor contributions are used to improve the lives of citizens and our community as a whole. We are pleased that the Charities Review Council has once again determined that Merrick, Inc., "Meets Standards" and we will proudly display the smartgivers seal in all of our communications.