Latino Economic Development Center
Transform our community by creating economic opportunity for Latinos.
Review Completed: 7/18/2012
1516 E. Lake St.
Minneapolis, MN 55407
Phone: 612 724-5332
Fax: 612 724-5342
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
LEDC is a membership organization that provides the structure and tools to more fully engage Latinos in the social and economic mainstream of American life, contribute to the larger community, and build the assets of Latino families.
We pursue an integrated, three-part approach to this mission.
1. Strengthen business fundamentals: technical assistance for business success. We provide services tailored to the changing needs of entrepreneurs at different stages of business growth.
2. Create the conditions under which businesses can prosper: community organizing for business success.
3. Build on cultural strength and business success to increase community assets.
This model, combining a robust local platform with a “train the trainer” approach, has four strengths:
• It builds local capacity to provide business development services.
• It enables LEDC to use its resources more efficiently.
• Business assistance can be provided in more regions of Minnesota where the Latino population is growing.
• Strategies can be tailored to specific local opportunities.
• Financial sustainability is more likely when these services are an integral part of established community organizations.
I. ENTREPENEUR TRAINING AND SUPPORT. To build an strong, socially responsible business community
II. REAL ESTATE . To promote responsible Real estate ownership among the Latino community.
III. ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT. To promote innovative enterprise development opportunities
IV. COMMUNITY BUILDING. To build a prosperous, Latino community, and incorporate it into the American Society and culture.
Community or Constituency Served
Latino community of Minneapolis-St. Paul and Greater Minnesota
Geographic Area Served
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2009 to 2011