To end domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, and homelessness so that every person has the opportunity to live life to its fullest, while treating those we serve with respect, compassion, and dignity.
1407 West 4th Street
Red Wing, MN 55066
Red Wing, MN 55066
|Other Names Used
||Formerly named The Red Wing Area Coalition for Transitional Housing (1990-2008).
Agency program names: Haven of Hope, Kids Count, Housing Support Services, Transitional Housing, Community Care Fund, Sexual Assault Services.
Might also be referred to by donors as the Women's Shelter, Red Wing.
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
||approximately 1,500 annually
Tags / Keywords
domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, homelessness, transitional housing, family violence, shelters
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
In the previous year (2103-14) we had an impact on the lives of 1,542 people (individuals and families struggling with domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault and homelessness) by providing:
1. Haven of Hope domestic violence shelter: 24-hour crisis line; support groups; systems/individual advocacy; emergency shelter in secure facility (24 beds); safety planning; legal advocacy for restraining orders/CHIPS (Children in Need of Protection) petitions; and information/referral. Clients served 2013-14: 316.
2. Housing Support Services: shelter, emergency housing support, transitional housing, case management, self-sufficiency skills to homeless people and those at risk of becoming so. Clients served 2013-14: 339.
3. Kids Count Abused Childrenâ€™s Program: youth advocacy program providing safety/support to youth 0-18 whoâ€™ve experienced abuse/neglect or witnessed violence. Crisis intervention, advocacy, safety planning, support groups, field trips for youth/families, school enrollment, transportation, referrals and community education. Clients served 2013-14: 153.
4. Community Care Fund (CCF): assists families in crisis and unable to pay for basic necessities or living expenses (rent, food, utilities, medical needs, and transportation to get to work/medical appointments. Develops self-sufficiency, to reduce future support needed. Clients served 2013-14: 708.
5. Sexual Assault Services (SAS): 24-hour crisis/support line; short-term emotional support; advocacy during medical exams, law enforcement interviews, and civil and/or criminal court matters; safety planning; assistance in securing emergency services; support groups; transportation (as necessary); information and referral; assistance in filing victim compensation claims; collaboration with other social service providers; and access to culturally appropriate interpreters and materials. Clients served April to October 2014: 26.
Current strategic goals include:
1. Locate permanent facility/building/space for HOPE Coalition offices and services.
2. Increase income by growing and diversifying funding sources.
3. Expand existing programs (including prevention).
4. Develop staff and Board though training and recognition.
5. Expand community awareness through improved communications and marketing.
Community or Constituency Served
We serve the abused and disadvantaged - individuals and families in crisis who are struggling with domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault and homelessness.
Geographic Area Served
Our geographical region includes primarily Goodhue County, MN, along with Wabasha County (MN) and parts of Pierce County (WI). However, our Haven of Hope Domestic violence shelter accepts women and their children from throughout Minnesota, and occasionally from outside the state.
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2010 to 2012