Helping Paws, Inc.
The mission of Helping Paws is to further the independence of individuals with physical disabilities thorugh the use of service dogs.
Review Completed: 4/18/2013
P.O. Box 634
Hopkins, MN 55343
|Other Names Used
||Helping Paws of Minnesota
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
The human/animal bond is the foundation of Helping Paws. We celebrate the mutually beneficial and dynamic relationship between people and animals, honoring the dignity and well-being of all. During fiscal year (June 1, 2011 through May 31, 2012). 1) Our breeding program produced three litters-for a total of 14 puppies. All of which will be trained as future service dogs. 2) We added 20 new foster home volunteer trainers bringing our total to 80. 3)We matched and placed 10 graduate/service dog teams. 4) We provided graduate follow-up services to 78 graduates. We provided 110 community outreach presentations with the goal of educate, reduce attitudinal barriers with increase understanding of the needs of people with physical disabilities and their service dogs.
Our goals were to:
1. Identify and place 12-16 service dogs to individuals with physical disabilities;
2. Recruit and train 16-24 new and repeat foster home volunteer trainers;
3. Produce 16-24 new puppies in through our breeding program;
4. Provide follow-up to our 78 graduate teams to help them work on specific issues that may arise in the course of day-to-day activity;
5. Start a pilot program of training service dogs for Veterans with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder; and
6. Provide between 90-100 community outreach presentations.
Community or Constituency Served
Individuals 10+ years orolder with a physical disability and Veterans with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Geographic Area Served
The State of Minnesota, western Wisconsin and northern Iowa
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2009 to 2011