Helping Hands Outreach
Our mission is to help create a healthy community where older adults and adults with disabilities want to live and be a vital part of the community.
Review Completed: 3/12/2012
101 Plymouth Street
P.O. Box 293
Holdingford, MN 56307-0293
|Other Names Used
||Helping Hands Outreach
||Jeff Fromm, Executive Director
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
This past year has been exciting for us! We completed a thorough review of our services and developed measurable outcomes for what we do and we are now completing our first cycle of evaluations. In this process we have reaffirmed our commitment to helping our community to be a healthy place in which to live.
By implementing a new screening process we are now able to provide more immediate and tailored support with regular follow-up to those most in need while continuing to serve all who come to us.
Our Health & Wellness Program is growing fast. We continue to conduct 4 different evidence-based series of classes each year in addition to our weekly exercise group and twice annual health fairs. However, many people are not able or willing to participate in group activities. Therefore, we began a project to meet one-on-one with persons to help them develop their own personal "health improvement plan" and monitor their progress, encouraging them along the way. We are becoming know as "healthy aging" specialists in our community and we expect to see positive impact in the community over time.
Our goals for this year flow from our basic goals listed above.
1. Continue providing information and referrals, but extend our follow-up from being a one-time call-back to a call-back a month later.
2. Revise and fully implement a revised intake procedure and contact/marketing plan that helps our constituents to share ownership in our mission.
3. Extend our "health improvement planning" project to more people, especially caregiver and family members of a person who is receiving support services.
4. Successfully integrate new staff into the culture and work of the organization while continuing to develop leadership among existing and new community volunteers.
5. Continue to network within our community to support initiatives that will support healthy aging in the community. Intitiatives will include re-opening our assisted living facility, and exploring options for a senior center and "health mall" in our community.
Community or Constituency Served
We directly serve about 212 older adults and adults with disabilities, but also many more people who are their families and caregivers and the general public through community information and health events.
Geographic Area Served
We serve a rural area of about 180 sq. miles in Stearns County about 20 miles NE of the City of St. Cloud, Minnesota.
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2008 to 2010
|From the Charity
||This is the third time we have been reviewed and have "met all standards" of the Charities Review Council since 2006. We appreciate the process very much since it highlights our commitment to transparency and accountability, honoring the investment of so many people to our work.