Smart Givers Blog
Donate to Charities Review Council
Sign up for our E-Newsletter
Search for organization to which you may donate a car or goods

Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook

Great River Homes, Inc.

The mission of Great River Homes, Inc. is to continually improve the lives of people with disabilities in Wabasha County by providing quality support services.

Mission Statement
611 Broadway Avenue
Wabasha, MN 55981
Wabasha, MN 55981
Other Names Used N/A
EIN 41-1266316
Principal Staff Michael Weinandt
Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE) 60
Number of Volunteers 75
Number of Clients Served 65
Tags / Keywords Residential, In Home Support Services, Non-Profit, Disability Services, Wabasha County, Home and Community Based Services
General Information
Board Chair Keith Eggenberger
Number of Board Members 9
Board meetings with quorum 20
Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings 7.15
Major Programs
Waiver Services$2,359,826
Semi-Independent Living Services$11,745
• Persons receiving services have a positive social impact on the diversity of community life through inclusion and full participation. • Community members’ lives are enriched through volunteer service. • The community based services of Great River Homes, Inc. improve the lives of people with disabilities, save tax dollars and have a significant economic impact to our local communities. • Great River Homes, Inc. employs about 78 people with an annual payroll of approximately $1,600,000. Approximately 75% of our budget is paid to employees who spend most of their paychecks locally. The remaining 25% is spent mostly on local businesses. • The public education strategies of Great River Homes, Inc. have increased the understanding and acceptance of people with disabilities in Wabasha County. • Great River Homes, Inc. and the people who receive their services make their communities better places to live.
Current Goals
1. Improve the lives of people by providing quality support services. 2. Develop and retain competent, motivated, and engaged employees. 3. Increase public awareness, understanding, acceptance and support of people with disabilities and the services provided to them. 4. Increase effective and efficient business operations by utilizing best practices, technology, and operating efficiencies.
Community or Constituency Served
Children and adults with disabilities.
Geographic Area Served
Wabasha County in southeastern Minnesota.
Impact and Programs

3 Year Average Expenses

Program Services: $2,143,437 86.9%
Management: $319,141 12.9%
Fundraising: $4,706 .2%

Unrestricted Net Assets

2013 2012 2011
End of Year: $4,061,401 $3,984,011 $3,788,143
Beginning of Year $3,984,011 $3,788,143 $3,644,530
Difference $77,390 $195,868 $143,613
Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990 $4,061,401
Based on information provided on 2011 to 2013
Show all standards met
List of Standards Met