Friends of the Hennepin County Library
The Friends of the Hennepin County Library is an active community of supporters whose mission is to enrich the resources and enhance the potential of the Hennepin County Library system.
Review Completed: 4/11/2013
300 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, MN 55401
|Other Names Used
||(formerly) Library Foundation of Hennepin County
||Brian Herstig, Executive Director
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
- In support of the transformational power of our libraries, the Friends of HCL provided 1.068 million in total support for programming, literacy initiatives, collections and more in 2011. Programs that received support from the Friends of HCL included: collections, Homework Help, youth development, early literacy programs, summer reading programs, resources for new Americans, corrections outreach, and videos on demand.
- The Friends of HCL continued to advance coordination and support of the independent local Friends groups at the 41 libraries in the Hennepin County system. This included the continued advancement of a joint membership program and the creation of both print materials and social media tools.
- Friends of HCL presented 66 cultural programs that were attended by 15,560 people.
- Provide financial support to the Hennepin County Library.
- Support local Friends groups in their membership and fundraising efforts.
- Clarify, strengthen and grow our brand in the community.
- Build organizational capacity.
Community or Constituency Served
We support the Hennepin County Library, which contains more than 5 million items through 41 facilities.
Geographic Area Served
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2009 to 2011