To promote social change by strengthening families and the community through programs that encourage self-determination, self-sufficiency, and healthy family lifestyles.
Review Completed: 7/24/2012
3036 University Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
||Ann Gaasch, Executive Director
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
||Parent Aware, NAEYC, Supervised Visitation Network, Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
||Accepts donated goods
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
more than 2,000 individuals took part in FamilyWise programs in 2013, 61% of them people of color, and 57% of them female. 629 children aged 0-5 years, 434 youth aged 6-14 years, 185 young adults from the ages of 15-22, 734 adults between 23-54 years of age, and 61 over the age of 55 received services at a FamilyWise location, or in their homes, with the following positive outcomes:
- 90% of children reached age appropriate social/emotional and language and literacy development.
-? 92% of parents demonstrated positive parenting techniques in parent/child interactions, fostering early childhood development and school readiness
-? 92% of children remained in their parents care while in programming.
-? 82% of clients obtained or maintained stable, secure housing, and 90% achieved a non-abusive, drug free home
- 66% of children living in out-of-home placements were safely returned to their parents care
FamilyWise continues to focus on the established mission and organizational goals through programs that strengthen families. With the new leadership of Executive Director Ann Gaasch, the Board of Directors and organization is currently entering a strategic planning process to build our programs in order to:
- Educate parents on age appropriate child development and the skills to provide stable homes for their families.
- Empower families to achieve self-sufficiency and to advocate for themselves and their children.
- Enrich the lives of children, youth and families, helping them recognize and build their inherent strengths and abilities.
Community or Constituency Served
High-risk families who have been in multiple systems.
Geographic Area Served
Minneapolis, Saint Paul, North Minneapolis, Lakeville and Isanti.
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2010 to 2013