Dodge Nature Center
Providing exceptional experiences in nature through environmental education.
365 Marie Ave. West
West St. Paul, MN 55118
West St. Paul, MN 55118
|Other Names Used
||Thomas Irvine Dodge Nature Center
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
Tags / Keywords
Dodge, Nature Center, Environment, Wildlife, Education
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
During our September 1, 2013 â€“ August 31, 2014 fiscal year we â€¦
â€¢ Completed a new Strategic Plan. We are and always have been about environmental education. Our new mission affirms this.
â€¢ Acquired 139 acres. The â€œShepard Farmâ€ in Cottage Grove, MN introduces Dodge to a new market.
â€¢ Increase number of individuals served from 55,000 to 57,684.
â€¢ Hit fundraising goal. 100% of board members financially supported us for third year in a row.
â€¢ Returned largest annual fundraiser to main property. Our gala, called DodgeBall, welcomed 400+ guests back to Dodge and raised over $230,000.
1. Be the premier provider of high quality environmental education programs for students in the Twin Cities.
2. Leverage the expertise of Dodge Nature Center staff through educational programs for classroom teachers, student teachers and naturalists.
3. Serve more adults and families through community events, public programs, volunteer opportunities and facilities/programming to serve recreational visitors.
4. Develop and implement a plan for Shepard Farm.
5. Grow Dodge Nature Centerâ€™s financial and fundraising strength.
6. Increase Dodge Nature Centerâ€™s organizational capacity.
7. Address Dodge Nature Centerâ€™s growing facilities needs and commitment to restoration.
Community or Constituency Served
DNC serves children and adults of all ages, which includes preschoolers, school-aged children aged 6-12, teens, college students, parents, non-parents and seniors.
Geographic Area Served
Dodge Nature Center draws participants from all over the Twin City metro area, however about 70% of the students and other people come from Dakota, Ramsey, and Washington counties in Minnesota.
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2011 to 2013