Cornerstone Advocacy Service
Cornerstone's continuum of service helps to create communities where individuals and families are safe and children thrive. We advocate, educate and lead the way to social change.
1000 East 80th Street
Bloomington, MN 55420
Bloomington, MN 55420
|Other Names Used
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
Tags / Keywords
Domestic, Sexual, Violence, Abuse, Trafficking, Shelter
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Emergency Services Program||$817,695|
|Community Services Program||$557,436|
|Children, Youth, and Families Program||$427,068|
1. Our primary prevention classroom presentations reached approximately 14,000 students last year, educating students on dating violence, family violence, sexual violence, bullying and harassment, cyber-bullying and anger awareness.
2. Our emergency shelter program provided safe sheltering to over 200 annually.
3. Our legal advocacy services reached approximately 1500 individuals, providing support for victims as they navigated the criminal justice system.
4. Our transitional housing program provided two years of housing, coupled with intensive employment and economic advocacy, for 15 families.
5. Our therapy program provided trauma informed services to approximately 85 individuals.
6. Our community services program provided individual support, group support, and outreach to over 250 families.
1. Strengthen our comprehensive program to increase Cornerstone's capacity and outreach.
2. Demonstrate the quality of our organization's performance through evaluation.
3. Expansion of services into the northwest corridor of Hennepin County.
4. Create social change that cultivates a non-violent community.
Community or Constituency Served
Adults and children traumatized by unhealthy, destructive relationships based on power and control
Geographic Area Served
We provide comprehensive services and support for victims of interpersonal violence and their families in the Minneapolis metropolitan area and the surrounding community. Cornerstone provides safe housing to anyone in imminent danger, regardless of whether or not they live in our target cities.
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2012 to 2014