The mission of CornerHouse is to assure that the voices of children and adolescents are heard.
CornerHouse meets this mission through a "Child First" philosophy which assures that the needs of the children, teens and vulnerable adults we serve are first and foremost.
Review Completed: 8/3/2012
2502 10th Ave So
Minneapolis, MN 55404
||Patricia Harmon, Executive Director
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
||National Childrens Alliance, Washington D.C.
Minnesota Childrens Alliance
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
1. Revisions of Protocol underway with research component to measure impact.
2. Family Support Service position expanded to full time resulting in an increase in the number of families seen. Cultural Advisory Council implemented.
3. Multi-session Interview training curriculum developed and implemented.
4. Child Abuse Prevention Campaign designed and implemented in April. Included "Blue Kids" campaign as well as pinwheel garden and open houses.
1. Forensic Services:
Assess CornerHouse Protocol and determine changes to be made based on research and best practice.
Develop and implement research projects with respect to the CornerHouse Protocol.
Expand and enhance the Family Support Services Program through implementation of a Cultural Advisory Council.
Develop Trailblazer to include online capacity for registration and payment for training.
Research, fund and implement an online program for web-based training.
3. Public Relations and Marketing:
Develop and enhance social media capabilities.
4. Plan for development of a new strategic plan for 2012.
Community or Constituency Served
CornerHouse provides three main areas of service: Forensic interviews for children, teens and vulnerable adults in cases where abuse has been alleged. We partner with law enforcement, county attorneys and child protections in providing this service. Family support services are also provided which include working with mental health, psychology and social service agencies throughout the community. Finally, CornerHouse provides forensic interview training to county attorneys, child protection workers and law enforcement personnel throughout the US and in other countries.
Geographic Area Served
Hennepin County, Minnesota. Training throughout the US and in 14 other countries.
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2009 to 2011