The mission of Clare Housing is to provide affordable housing, supportive services and compassionate care to people living with HIV/AIDS.
Review Completed: 11/15/2010
929 Central Avenue, NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
||Lee Lewis, Executive Director
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
Responding to today's increased need for safe, reliable housing coupled with high-quality, flexible, and holistic social services; Clare Housing has developed a continuum of resident-focused supportive housing options. Below are the program outcomes from our HIV-specifc housing programs in 2010:
• Provided compassionate care in supportive home-like settings
• Thirty-eight residents served during the year
• An estimated 95% adherence rate with HIV medication
• Two clients attended and completed outpatient chemical
• Forty-eight HIV positive individuals served during the year
• Thirteen formerly homeless individuals and eight chronically
• Fifteen residents have maintained stable housing at Clare
Apartments for four years
• Fourteen clients received services from assisted living program
• Served ten individuals and ten family households who have
experienced long-term homelessness, with one member or
more in the unit who is HIV positive
• Eighty-three percent success rate for program participants
since the inception of the program in 2008
The agency goals for FY 2011 – ending June 30, 2011
- Complete the construction of Clare Midtown on budget and on time.
- Execute Clare Midtown’s supportive housing program.
- Complete the final private funding campaign for Clare Midtown.
- Research if developing and/or acquiring real estate is viable.
- Increase the cost-effectiveness of serving the population we currently house in the foster care program.
- Analyze a potential collaboration with a non-profit to increase efficiencies and/or savings.
- Increase involvement and activity in at least one HIV/AIDS housing or homeless association or coalition.
Community or Constituency Served
Clare Housing’s target population is people living with HIV/AIDS who have very limited access to resources.
Geographic Area Served
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2007 to 2009