Center for Nonprofit Excellence & Social Innovation (New Organization)
CNESI engages, stimulates and transforms nonprofit organizations by recognizing and supporting promising and innovative practices for greater community impact.
Review Completed: 3/8/2012
101 7th Avenue South Suite 201
St. Cloud, MN 56301
|Other Names Used
||Jeannette Bineham, Executive Director
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
||Member, Alliance for Nonprofit Management
Member, St. Cloud Area Human Services Council
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
CNESI implemented its core services: consultation, training, coaching, volunteer & consultant connections, Innovation Awards, and the first annual Innovation Summit. Over 40 individuals and organizations were served from September 2009-November 2010. The Business Plan was implemented, and the Executive Director started work on June 1, 2010. CNESI serves as fiscal sponsor for four emerging organizations and provided technical assistance through a contract with the Initiative Foundation. During 2011, CNESI worked with 41 clients, presented the 2nd annual Innovation Summit, and rewarded three innovative projects with the Innovation Awards.
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
1. Convene and engage nonprofit organizations, businesses and individuals to promote innovative practices that lead to greater efficiencies and use of scarce nonprofit resources.
2. Support and assist emerging nonprofits with specific services as they develop solutions to address community issues and support them to become independent and successful.
3. Engage and support 5-8 immigrant-led emerging organizations as they develop their infrastructure and programs to meet the needs of their communities.
4. Increase CNESI’s recognition in the community through intentional marketing and public relations strategies.
5. Expand and diversify CNESI’s funding base to sustain its work over the next three years.
6. Expand staffing and consulting resources for CNESI based on findings in other goals and action steps, which result in the efficient use of resources and meets the needs of CNESI clients.
Community or Constituency Served
Nonprofit organizations and individuals/groups with ideas for meeting community needs
Geographic Area Served
St. Cloud Area of Central Minnesota
Impact and Programs