Bridges to Learning
The organization is founded on the principle that all children have a right to the opportunity for education, mental and physical health, self development and the nurturing that enables the child to develop into an educated, productive and enlightened adult. The organization focuses on those children in situations where education for them comes at an expense that neither they nor their parents can afford.
Review Completed: 3/9/2011
1633 Cedar Lake Pky
Minneapolis, MN 55416
|Other Names Used
||Margaret Thomas, Executive Director
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Volunteers
|Number of Clients Served
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
1. Bridges successfully hired a professional ED in August of 2010.
2. Bridges installed Neon, a formal CMS system to support enhanced contact with its constituents.
3. In July of 2010 Bridges hired an administrative assistant.
4. In 2010 Bridges grew its sponsor base to 92 sponsors supporting 101 children at Anh Linh School.
Goals for 2011:
1 Shore up volunteers. Be sure that the board creates ways to thank or acknowledge volunteers, sponsors and friends and keep them very happy and informed.
2. Bridges to Learning board attracts revenue to meet its budget in 2011
3. Bridges to Learning will increase the number of school children it serves in 2012 by surveying and gathering research during this year, which will inform our growth.
4. Bridges to Learning will increase its marketing and enhance its public image through support provided by the Wildfire Studio project.
5. Bridges to Learning will create more even cash flows by encouraging donors to provide sponsorships by monthly debits.
6. Bridges to Learning will complete its business, strategic and financial plans by December 2011 for 2012.
7. Bridges to Learning will create collaborations, which will benefit Anh Linh and other schools and projects supporting impoverished children in Vietnam.
8. Build upon the legacy of Jerilyn Fosdick Hirsch’s work, Bridges to Learning will not loose sight of its history while building its future.
9. Attain accreditation from the Charities Review Council of Minnesota.
Community or Constituency Served
The organization has chosen Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam as the site of its first initiative.
Geographic Area Served
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2007 to 2009