Be The Match Foundation
Be The Match Foundation® supports the National Marrow Donor Program®. Together, we help thousands of patients who have been diagnosed with leukemia, lymphoma and other life-threatening diseases, and can only be treated with a marrow or cord blood transplant, find a donor and receive the life-saving treatment they need.
Each year, 10,000 patients with leukemia, lymphoma, and other life-threatening diseases discover they need a marrow or cord blood transplant but have no donor match in their family. Only half receive the transplant they need.
For some, their search for an unrelated marrow donor yields no match. We need more people of all backgrounds to join Be The Match Registry®. For others, it is a financial issue. Too many patients face staggering treatment costs that keep a transplant out of reach. And while medical advances have made transplants available to more patients, there is more research to be done.
Be The Match Foundation works with compassionate individuals, families, corporations, and foundations to raise funds to support three crucial areas:
• Adding more potential donors to the Be The Match Registry, increasing the chances that more patients find their match.
• Providing financial assistance for patients who need help with uninsured transplant costs.
• Funding transplant research to help more patients live longer and healthier lives.
Review Completed: 9/1/2011
3001 Broadway Street NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
||Christine Fleming, President
|Number of Full-Time Equivalents (FTE)
|Number of Clients Served
||Daniel D. Arndt
|Number of Board Members
|Board meetings with quorum
|Average Member Attendance at Board Meetings
|Publicly Available Documents
Most Recent 990
Most Recent Audit
In 2011, nearly 650,000 new potential donors joined the Be The Match Registry. We facilitated more than 5,500 marrow, peripheral blood stem cell and cord blood transplants. We provided more than $2.2 million in financial assistance to more than 1,700 patients to assist with uninsured transplant costs.
Be The Match Foundation supports the life-saving mission of the National Marrow Donor Program, ensuring all patients get the marrow or umbilical cord blood transplant they need, when they need it. We have three primary goals:
• To recruit marrow volunteers and cord blood units to Be The Match Registry to increase the chances that patients in need will find a match
• To increase access to transplantation by providing financial assistance that enables families to cope with uninsured transplant-related expenses
• To support research that yields improved transplant outcomes and enhances recipients’ quality of life
Community or Constituency Served
We serve patients with patients with leukemia, lymphoma, sickle cell anemia, and up to 70 other blood diseases who need a marrow or umbilical cord blood transplant but have no donor match in their family.
Geographic Area Served
We serve patients in the United States and throughout the world. Fifty-four percent of transplant facilitated by us involve either an international donor or international recipient.
Impact and Programs
3 Year Average Expenses
Unrestricted Net Assets
|End of Year:
|Beginning of Year
|Unrestricted Net Assets (End of Year), Current 990
|Based on information provided on 2009 to 2011